To all our patients,
Thank you for booking your appointment with Signature Dental. Our staff is excited to see you again. Prior to your appointment please access and submit the answers to the prescreening form on our website. These questions will be asked again at your appointment by our staff.
In addition, please complete our patient consent form. The consent form only has to be completed one time.
You will see many changes since your last visit to our office, as we have new ways of doing practically everything. From scheduling your appointments, to the way we are able to provide your care, to even your financial transactions. For example, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. Should you be experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, we will kindly reschedule your appointment to another date. We will also reschedule your appointment if we are unable to reach you to complete this step.
What to expect at your appointment
• We will be following the safety and personal protective equipment (PPE ) recommendations from the College of Dental Surgeons for B.C .(CDSBC), and from the B.C. Provincial Health Officer.
• You will notice that our waiting room will look different. There will be fewer chairs, and the cloth chairs have been replaced by metal chairs. Metal chairs are easier to clean. The chairs will be spaced 6 feet apart, and there will be outlines on the floor in order to maintain physical distancing. We do have additional chairs in the hall, if needed. Patients may be asked to wait in their cars after checking in for their appointments.
• We have removed all magazines and unnecessary items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. In their place will be posters with information on combating COVID-19. This is an esthetic downturn, but we believe it is necessary to ensure the safety of all our patients.
• We have placed plexiglass barriers on the reception counters to prevent transmission of the virus when speaking in close proximity with our reception staff.
• Upon entering the office, your temperature will be taken and recorded in your chart and you will be provided with hand sanitizer containing 70% isopropyl alcohol. It is recommended that the hand sanitizer rubbed into your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. A receptionist will confirm with you information from the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
• In order to minimize errors in recording your temperature, please avoid having food or beverage 30 minutes prior to your appointment.
• You will be escorted to a thoroughly sanitized clinic chair where your appointment will be carried out by a hygienist, a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) and or dentist. An antibacterial, anti-viral mouth rinse will be provided for you as well as safety glasses prior to the commencement of the scheduled dental procedure.
• Once the scheduled dental procedure is completed, you will then be asked to either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer again before leaving the dental office. We have marked lines on the floor of the office specifically to maintain physical distancing.
Currently, we are not treating patients with active COVID-19 infections or with suspected COVID-19 infections. These patients require enhanced personal protective gear (PPE), such as masks, gowns, face shields, as they are very difficult to acquire at the moment. We have ordered all of the necessary components to assemble personal protective equipment and have received most of it. However, some items are back-ordered and do not have any firm dates on their arrival. Their lack of availability could affect our ability to keep our doors open to treat patients with active or suspected COVID-19 infections. We will simply defer treatment for these patients until they have completely recovered.
• Please be present for your scheduled dental appointment on time. On arrival, we may ask you to wait in the hallway or to return to your vehicle, if we exceed the number of patients that we are permitted to accommodate in the reception area. We will call you or contact you via telephone or cell phone when your appointment is ready to commence. Late arrival will result in rescheduling of your appointment. On our part, we will do our outmost to be punctual. This helps us adhere to the strict timing of our schedule and to limit the number of people in the office at a given moment in time.
• If you have any concerns that you may be ill, i.e. fever (>37.5 degrees Celsius), cough, flu symptoms, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell, vomiting, diarrhea, or sore throat, your appointment will be rescheduled. If you have travelled outside Canada, you must quarantine fourteen days prior to a dental appointment.
• We ask that you to come preferably unaccompanied to the office. All parents, guardians, siblings, significant others, and companions are asked to remain outside the office or in their vehicle. If you would like a phone call from the doctor concerning further information regarding your dental treatment, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and a note will be made on your chart. The dentist will call you later in the day. Please note in your email the phone number we should use to contact you.
• If you require the presence of your guardian, we will accommodate your needs.
If you have questions or concerns about the afore mentioned, please email us at: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!
Signature Dental Dentists and Staff