We have been in our new office since December 2009. We are delighted that our new dental office has helped us serve our patients better, and has created a happier and healthier work environment.
We are located at 350-4392 West Saanich Road, in front of the old B.C. Hydro administration building. Our office is in a LEED certified building.
Some of the features of the building include:
- Green/living roof
- Geothermal heating and cooling, which uses 40% less energy than traditional buildings
- Water reducing plumbing fixtures
- Large windows to maximize daylighting
- Up to 20% of the building is made from recycled material
- 30% of the construction materials are regional
- Over 97% of the construction debris has been diverted from the landfill
- There is secure bike storage and showers to encourage employees to leave their cars at home
We are also doing our part to help the environment by:
- utilizing an amalgam separator which will reduce 95% of the mercury containing amalgam sludge from entering the waste water.
- using green building products such as carpet, ceiling tile and flooring which contain some recycled materials.
- utilizing the latest digital x-ray technology which will not only reduce radiation exposure by 90%, but will eliminate the need for film and processing chemicals.
- utilizing steam sterilizers which use water instead of chemicals.
- using LED lighting that will reduce energy use by 40%
Our office is located next to Centennial Trail (Part of the Galloping Goose and Lochside Trail network). The office building has plenty of free parking and is located on major bus routes. As well, our patients will have easy access to common washrooms. There will also be great views of Mount Douglas and the Olympic Mountains range.